Chapeltown Academy has experienced significant growth in recent years. As such we are seeking DfE approval to further extend the school’s curriculum offer which will contribute to the growth and expansion of student numbers from 300 to 400 in the next three years.
This proposal aims to:
- Further expand the curriculum offer, with a particular focus on Engineering and Health & Social Care
- Lease and refurbish the ground floor of the adjacent building (Hydra House) to provide four additional classrooms, office space and a multi-use teaching/meeting space
- Refurbish one part of the main building to create one Engineering learning space/workshop with the latest high-tech equipment
- Create a long-term vision for capital expansion through submission of an additional bid to the DfE Post-16 Capacity Fund
This expansion will ensure the future sustainability and viability of Chapeltown Academy and enable diversification of the qualifications on offer which are aligned to local need, aspirations and industrial heritage of the area. This opportunity will create better links between the curriculum across schools, the local industry and provide a high-quality and bespoke Post-16 provision for the North of the City which includes a progressive STEM focused curriculum offer. This will further increase the proportion of students engaging in Post-16 opportunities that lead on to higher education.
We value the views and opinions of all stakeholders. For this reason, we would be grateful if you could reply to this survey.
The consultation will run from Monday 25th April to Friday 27th May 2022:
- We will be running a face-to-face event at Chapeltown Academy at 4pm on Wednesday 11th May 2022.
- We will also run an online Q&A on Zoom on Thursday 12th May at 6pm for parents and Friday 13th of May 10:00am for other stakeholders
To attend either event, please click on the relevant link to register and we will send you the details prior to the event. This will be an opportunity to meet members of the School Leadership Team and ask any questions you may have.